Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mood Boards


An essential aid for any creativity, especially in interior design; a moodboard is a collage of materials (magazine images, text, photographs, text, paint, textures, colours etc) which capture the ambience or feel of a design. It is the easiest way to summarise the aspirations and thoughts with regards to a design scheme and is an important element in visualising and communicating the ideas you have. I would always recommend this process: it's great fun and ensures you are focused on your design aim.
The pic you look at is a "big size" moodboard in a home entrance seen in a magazine. It inspires me to cover my own entrance space with lots of ideas I have in my head. For daily working on my interior design projects I choose a smaller size of a mood board, hanging over my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment