Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Nice Life – More of Elliott Puckette and Hugo Guiness



See my published post a couple of days ago...
Elliott comes from Tennessee, graduated with a BFA, is an American artist and mother, and her husband is Hugo Guiness, an artist and a member of the Guiness family of England. Elliott crafts glorious etchings of calligraphy-inspired curves and spirals. Hugo is known for his lino-cuts and illustration work.



Frankly, I've always been drawn to the sophisticated curves of calligraphy and ornament. In fact, I am generally obsessed with it. I even signed up for a course once upon time; unfortunately, the course was cancelled due to lack of interest. Apparently, there isn't much modern day interest in calligraphy and ornament. So, when I browsed through an old issue of Elle Decor (2000) a couple of days ago and found Elliott Puckette, well let's just say: I am a fan. Here are a few images of Elliott's work (klick here), Earl McGrath Gallery, Los Angeles (found the link on the internet).



No comments:

Post a Comment